Way beyond all-day battery1
Our fastest chip ever
01Big Pixel SensorYour camera detects when you’re in the dark and the 23% bigger pixel sensor jumps into action.3 The pixels gather together into groups that become one larger pixel, letting in more light to make your photo brighter. Low noise processing then kicks in to bring you sharper results. tl;dr: Big pixels = more light = bright, clear photos.02Super Clear GlassNot to get super technical, but the front of the Rear Camera is crafted from specially engineered glass with an exclusive low-reflection nano-coating. That means the camera lessens lens flare from lights in the dark.
How’d we do it? The OIS correction angle has been improved by 58% and works with faster motion sampling to stabilize your shots. And your everyday just got more epic and colorful with Super HDR captures it with 64x more color information, even if the scene is backlit.
Share photos, videos and files between devices with a tap using Quick Share.4 Pull up the sharing panel, point your phone and hit send.
Enable Detail Enhancer before you snap. It intelligently enhances your shots by adjusting shadows and highlights.
01Adaptive PixelAdaptive Pixel intelligently switches between 50MP high-resolution mode and 12MP high-sensitivity mode according to the lighting. It can also use both modes simultaneously and rapidly merge the frames for effortlessly bright, sharp photos.02Detail EnhancerYou’re a tap away from stepping up your photo game even more. Enable Detail Enhancer in High Resolution mode before you hit the shutter. It utilizes deep-learning AI, intelligently improving your photos with incredible depth and detail.
Keep the focus where it belongs — on your talent. Manually remove people or objects from the background of your snaps, leaving behind only what you want your followers to see.
Zoom in 3x, 30x or anywhere in between — it all delivers sharp detail from a distance.5
Whether you move around, or people come in and out of the frame, the camera will stay auto-focused and centered for an upload-ready video.6, 7
Record on all cameras at the same time, capturing action and your reaction simultaneously. Change up the angle for a new POV, and save the originals for a director’s cut later.
Options? You got ’em. Capture up to 20 seconds of footage, then the Gallery populates a whole range of formats — stills, loops, hyperlapse video and more.8
Sunlight, meet Galaxy S22’s bright display and Galaxy S22+’s brightest display.9 The stunning 120Hz Infinity-O Displays are built with Dynamic AMOLED 2X with Vision Booster technology for high outdoor visibility, keeping the view clear in bright daylight or at night.10 Now the only glare you’ll get is from jealous strangers.
Switch up the view with an even bigger screen, or use both devices at once for even more space to create.11 Your Samsung Account makes it seamless to continue edits from one Galaxy to another, so you can start something on your phone and finish on Galaxy Tab S8+.12
Bring the crew together with Google Duo.13 It’s simple to put together a way to watch the big game with your besties and stream high-quality video just like IRL.14 Call your friends and cast it onto your TV to see the whole squad.15
It’s even easier than you’d think — access your apps right on your PC.18, 19, 20 Use Recent App to bring up the three most recent apps you’ve used for quick access on your desktop.
*Availability of Galaxy Book may vary by country. Galaxy Book exterior design may vary by country.
01Super Fast ChargingQuick as a flash. Charges fast and a charge that lasts using the 25W Power Adapter for Galaxy S22 and the 45W Power Adapter for Galaxy S22+.2202Wireless PowerShareWith great power comes great shareability. Lend a friend a few hours of juice, or place your Watch or Buds on the back for a quick wireless charge.23
25W Super Fast Charging for Galaxy S22 and 45W Super Fast Charging for Galaxy S22+ have been certified to be compliant to USB-IF standards.21
01Corning® Gorilla® Glass Victus®+The first smartphone to feature Corning® Gorilla® Glass Victus®+. The screen and back panel are fitted with Corning® Gorilla® Glass Victus®+, which can better survive drops and offers tough scratch resistance.02Armor Aluminum FrameConsider this your phone’s suit of armor. The Armor Aluminum frame lives up to its name, protecting the sides with a super strong material. So if your phone hits the floor when you’re out, it’s way less likely to ruin your night.
03IP68 Water ResistanceBuilt to stand up to drips as well as drops. The IP68 rating means your phone is made to resist water and dust, even if you get a call mid-workout, or you’re stuck waiting outside for your ride when it starts to rain.24
*All specifications and descriptions provided herein may be different from the actual specifications and descriptions for the product. Samsung reserves the right to make changes to this document and the product described herein, at anytime, without obligation on Samsung to provide notification of such change. All functionality, features, specifications, GUI and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation. The contents within the screen are simulated images and are for demonstration purposes only.
- Estimated against the usage profile of an average/typical user. Independently assessed by Strategy Analytics between 2021.12.08–12.20 in USA and UK with pre-release versions of SM-S901, SM-S906, SM-S908 under default setting using 5G Sub6 networks (NOT tested under 5G mmWave network). Actual battery life varies by network environment, features and apps used, frequency of calls and messages, number of times charged, and many other factors.
- Color availability may vary depending on country or carrier.
- When compared to S21 series.
- Quick Share is available on Galaxy smartphones and Galaxy tablets on Android OS version 10.0(Q) and One UI 2.1 or above, Galaxy Book Ion, Ion 2, Flex, Flex Alpha, Flex 2, Flex 2 Alpha and Galaxy Book S launched in or after May 2021 and Samsung Notebook Odyssey, Plus and Plus2 launched in or after 2020.
- 30X Space Zoom includes 3x Optical Zoom and 30x digital zoom with AI Super Resolution technology. Zooming in past 3x may cause some image deterioration.
- Auto Framing only available in Video mode. Auto Framing must be enabled before recording.
- Certain resolutions and ratios may not be supported. Certain functions may not be available when Auto Framing is on. Only people can be recognized, and there is a limit to how many people may be recognized.
- The format and amount of Single Take results may differ based on original capture. Results may also differ between Rear and Front Camera captures.
- Only for Galaxy S22+ (1750 nit display). Galaxy S22 measures 1300 nits maximum.
- The Dynamic AMOLED 2X display with Vision Booster on Galaxy S22 and S22+ received a certification from VDE Germany for 100 percent Mobile Color Volume in the DCI-P3 color range, which means your images aren’t washed out and you’ll get unbelievably vivid colors regardless of differing levels of brightness. The display can achieve peak brightness of up to 1750 nits on Galaxy S22+ and 1300 nits on Galaxy S22 improving the contrast between dark and light aspects of digital content for a more brilliant picture quality, with a 3,000,000:1 contrast ratio on Galaxy S22+ and a 2,000,000:1 contrast ratio on Galaxy S22 to make your mobile experience more immersive.
- Galaxy Tab S8+ sold separately.
- Network or Wi-Fi connection required. Each device should be registered with a single Samsung Account.
- Google Duo is a trademark of Google LLC. Live sharing host is available only to S22 Series and Tab S8 Series users at product launch and will be provided to other Galaxy device users with Android S OS later on. Participants may need to upgrade to the latest Duo app to use live sharing.
- Up to 32 people can be connected at once. Video quality may vary depending on the number of participants, network conditions, country and carrier.
- Available only on smart TVs that support Miracast.
- Galaxy Buds2 sold separately.
- Availability may vary by app. Available only on smart TVs that support Miracast. Requires set up on your Samsung Galaxy device. Go to Smart View > Settings > Labs > Allow all apps to be cast.
- Supported only on Galaxy S, Z and N series models with One UI 3.1.1 or higher and on PCs with Windows 10 20H1 (2004) or higher. Features and app availability may vary by region.
- Users must link their Galaxy smartphones to their Windows 10 PC through ‘Link to Windows’ on phone and Your Phone App on PC, follow the set-up prompts, including being signed into same Microsoft account. Link to Windows is preloaded on select Galaxy devices. Some Link to Windows features may require Galaxy smartphone to be on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the PC.
- Some mobile apps may restrict content to be shared on other screens or may require a touch screen to be able to interact with them.
- The USB Implementers Forum, Inc. (USB-IF) was established in 1995 to support and accelerate the market and consumer adoption of USB compliant devices. Galaxy S22 and S22+’s Super Fast Charging has been certified to be compliant to the USB standards which means your products have met the highest standards in the industry. This certification can be found on www.usb.org.
- 25W Power Adapter, 45W Power Adapter and data cable sold separately. Using the original Samsung 45W Power Adapter and data cable is recommended for Galaxy S22+. Using the original Samsung 25W Power Adapter and data cable is recommended for Galaxy S22.
- Limited to Samsung or other brand smartphones with Qi wireless charging, such as Galaxy S22, S22+, S22 Ultra, Z Fold3 5G, Z Flip3 5G, S21 FE 5G, S21 5G, S21+ 5G, S21 Ultra 5G, Z Fold2, Note20, Note20 Ultra, S20 FE, S20, S20+, S20 Ultra, Z Flip, Note10, Note10+, S10e, S10, S10+, Fold, S9, S9+, S8, S8+, S8 Active, S7, S7 edge, S7 Active, S6, S6 edge, S6 Active, S6 edge+, Note9, Note8, Note FE and Note5. Only available with certain Samsung Galaxy wearables such as Galaxy Buds2, Buds Pro, Buds Live, Watch4, Watch4 Classic, Watch3, Watch Active2, Watch Active, Gear Sport, Gear S3, Galaxy Watch and Galaxy Buds. If battery power is lower than 30% Wireless PowerShare may not function. May not work with certain accessories, covers, other brand devices or some Samsung wearables. May affect call reception or data services, depending on your network environment.
- Galaxy S22 and Galaxy S22+ are rated as IP68. Based on test conditions for submersion in up to 1.5 meters of freshwater for up to 30 minutes. Not advised for beach or pool use.
- Permission usage history is supported by One UI 4.0 and higher.
- Wired transfers require at least Android™ 4.3, iOS 5 or Windows Mobile OS 8.1 or OS 10 on your old device. Devices with an older OS must use wireless transfer options. If you do not have the required USB cable/connector for a wired transfer to Galaxy, you can also use wireless transfer options. Open Smart Switch Mobile in “Settings” on your new Galaxy phone or download Smart Switch for PC/Mac. Data and content available for transfer may vary by OS. For more information, please Contact Samsung HELP. To transfer data from iCloud or other cloud storage services, a data connection is required. To avoid disruption in text messaging when transferring from iOS, change your iMessage settings appropriately.
- Requires optimal 5G connection. Actual speed may vary depending on country, carrier and user environment.
- Actual storage space may vary by country, model, file size and format.
- Six-month free trial of OneDrive 100GB cloud storage available for consumers who have purchased a Galaxy S22, S22+, or S22 Ultra only. Availability may vary. Google Play’s terms and conditions apply. Refer to https://www.microsoft.com/onedrive-samsung-offer for details.
- Typical value tested under third-party laboratory condition. Typical value is the estimated average value considering the deviation in battery capacity among the battery samples tested under IEC 61960 standard. Rated (minimum) capacity is 3590mAh for Galaxy S22 and 4370mAh for Galaxy S22+. Actual battery life may vary depending on network environment, usage patterns and other factors.
- Measured diagonally, Galaxy S22’s screen size is 6.1 inches in the full rectangle and 5.9 inches with accounting for the rounded corners, Galaxy S22+’s screen size is 6.6 inches in the full rectangle and 6.4 inches with accounting for the rounded corners; actual viewable area is less due to the rounded corners and camera hole.